Today is a Good Day

Ahh, Saturday. A day to relax, play video games, watch back to back episodes of Man vs Food and later tonight I have the Neil Gaiman penned episode of Doctor Who to watch! *EXCITEMENTS*

This morning however, Iron Man Extremis dropped through the letterbox just as Matt and I were enjoying breakfast (sausage and mash...mmm). I only had a chance to briefly flick through it and admire the art but I can not wait to begin reading it, which will now be the focus of today. The artwork is beautiful. While looking through, the only thing I can't seem to get my head around is the fact that Tony Stark has been modelled on Tom Cruise...lame. This is because his name was attached to the Iron Man franchise. He was due to play Stark in the films but pulled out because the script was too weak for him (Ha - like, Knight and Day wasn't a pile of shit?!). I'm just glad the casting director chose Downey Jr in the end. Still, as I'm a sort of newb' to the Marvel world I get the majority of my references from films. So, it's hard to visualise Stark the way Adi Granov has portrayed him. Obviously that's a criticism of myself rather than Granov!

Anyhow, while I get to grips with Tony "I'm Tom freakin' Cruise" Stark why not take a look as the the latest Cheesemint video? Matt and Adam discuss two comics of their choosing; All-Star Superman by Grant Morrison & Frank Quitely and the first run of Astonishing X-Men by Joss Whedon & John Cassaday.

Comments

Popular Posts