Ah, DC - how I've missed you.

Ha, I knew this would happen...

Try as I might, I couldn't stick with the my Marvel experiment. I want so much to get into Marvel...perhaps Iron Man was the wrong route after all! So instead of reading Vol. 2 of Matt Fraction's Invincible Iron Man run


...I've found myself reading:



Umbrella Academy Vol. 1 and 2 - which is freakin' cool and has very scrumptious art work! Not DC, I know...but decided to give it a go after watching the My Chemical Romance videos starring Grant Morrison. I figured if Morrison approves, it's probably pretty good...and it is. Likeable off-beat characters, interesting concepts and landmarks coming to life. Didn't think I'd like it but now I want more!


Morrison and Quitely's We3 Beautifully tragic and heartbreaking with some stunning art and an incredibly creative layout. I cried a bit. Okay...more than a bit. It has the heart of Homeward Bound, the Morrison touch and the beautiful eye of Frank Quitely.


I've also been re-reading:

All-Star Superman
Plain AWESOME! I'm clearly been having a Morrison/Quitely binge at the moment, it would seem. Still, they're my dream team. Saying that, I like a good old Neil Gaiman/Dave McKean combo too.


...and I'm currently reading Mark Waid's Kingdom Come. Old man Supes...enough said really. Interesting portrayal of old skool aging DC heroes vs some newbs (and an unlikely foe) - I don't want to give it away, but it's a good read so far.

So, not a single Marvel title in there, anywhere. This is where I call upon all you Marv's out there...help a sister out, go on, recommend me something good! Oh, something that isn't Spiderman (Much like my irrational hatred for Hugh Grant I have no idea why I can't get on with whiney Spidey).

Comments

  1. I recently went through a move away from DC and Marvel myself, and discovered Invincible by Robert Kirkman and Ryan Ottley. Awesome Stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts