Plagiarism Sucks

One thing that pisses me off, especially in the creative industries is plagiarism. I have luckily never had any of my work plagiarised, or haven't been made aware of any of plagiarism at least, and I admit it's a really difficult subject to debate but it's so very wrong. Especially when it's hard enough making money from art as it is!

Very recently, my friend Michael V. Bramley (artist and writer) had an image plagiarised. To add insult, the guy who ripped him off won't admit it or take down his work.

I won't regale you with the details because Michael puts it better in his own blog

Michael is a very talented guy and it makes me angry that people think they can profit from his work and claim it's their own. So please check it out and consider who you buy art or prints from in the future. People profiting from work that isn't their own is damaging to the industry and the artists out there who do it for the love and are genuinely trying to make a living out of their passion.




Comments

Popular Posts